header

Monday, May 28, 2012

Home Tour

So it's been a while since I have last posted. Let's see alot has happened; first the kids moved out (that was a big one) then I decided to sell my house (mostly because I needed to cut down on my commute to work). However, it didn't sell like I had hoped and my daughter moved back home. So I decided to take it off the market for a while until i can get a reasonable amount for it (and because i can't keep it clean while she's here)

But I had some really good pictures taken and I would love to share them with you. :)
I found that rocker on my very first trip to the Round Top Antique Festival. I got it for $35 and spray painted it black. I love that place.

There is the TV console that I rescued from the side of the road.


The dining room (just incase you couldn't tell ;) )



The kitchen. I painted the cabinets and added the beadboard to the island and sides of the cabinets. Since i am staying here for a while I am thinking about changing out the backsplash and countertops. So it's either a trip to Scotland/ Ireland next summer or countertops.....hmmmm.

The Master Bedroom. "Where the magic happens" Just Kidding. Am I the only one laughing. I have always wanted to say that ever since watching MTV cribs.

It was a pain removing all of the pink striped wallpaper from this room, but I am so glad I did. I had even tried priming the wallpaper with an oilbased primer and painting but the seams bugged me so much that I had to remove it.


 My daughters room. Unfortunately it doesn't look this cute anymore :(.
I found that quilt at an antique store in Comfort, Texas. I loved the colors so much I had to have it. It is now gracing the end of my bed. I don't think she appreciated it as much as I did. She wanted a big ugly fluffy blanket on her bed. Yuck.
Look at that lovely grass. I spent an entire weekend replacing the grass. Then a few months after this picture was taken my Home Owners Association dug up some pipe in my backyard (on the easement mind you) and messed up my lawn. They replaced the grass where they dug but not where the tractor drove the get to the pipe. :( Oh well, its growing back.

I hope that you enjoyed visiting. Since I am not selling anytime soon, I will be showing some of my latest projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment